Monday, April 11, 2011

Reflects about the Interview

I did an interview with a photographer I happen to know about his views and opinions on the ways in which the internet plays a role in his endeavors as an artist.  John Lin, whom I interviewed is a sophomore at UNCG, majoring in fashion and interior design. Briefly, I met John Lin through a couple of friends and though we did not know each other very well, we had become facebook friends already (another thumbs up for the wonders of social networking sites).  Through facebook, I was able to see most of John’s work which I very much appreciate. From the interview, it was great to hear his point of view about the internet such as the way it provides easy share and such. But I was also interesting in his views of Photoshop and the fact that he distinguishes Photoshop as a computer work instead of his own—reason why he prefers not to use it to a great extend in his own photographs. I also admire the fact that he pursues to bring out the art and fashion in photography. It was encouraging to see someone of my age (yes, we were born same date and year!!!) excel with his passion for photography at a level that I almost deem professional and unique.  Overall, John Lin was a great insight into the mind of digital photographers today.

Please note that on  the actual interview below, I had accidently deleted the first video recorded part, and did not have the chance to redo it once John left and the interview was done. So, I found a way to put down the first part in a slide show form. An actual recorded video appears after a while. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment