Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Recreation

One of the things I have learned from photography is having the curiosity and interest to look into the past and history for inspiration and learning.  Some of the common aspects that I see sometimes in art photography is the recreation of events, concepts, ideas and etc. There is a quote that I love by Lewis Carroll (a famous writer of "Alice Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel through the looking Glass") where Lewis says that “photography is my one recreation and I think it should be done well.” And I think that being able to recreate themes and ideas in photographs is to look back in the past and interpret the past in a modern perspective (someone could say otherwise). 




Above are photographs of a project I was working on that I named"Recreating once upon a time.” The idea came to me from a random saying I came across that says: “May I never grow old to cherish once upon a time.” The interesting thing was through my process of recreating these princesses in modern times, I learned a lot about history, development, motives, etc of how popular Disney/non Disney princess came about and their significance beyond what we see in the films and know about the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment